Community Support Worker (CSW)
- Provide assistance in the community to link with other supports
- Provide individual support and accompany you to various appointments including medical, legal, mental health and other supportive activities
- Advocate on your behalf with other community partners
- Assist with processing government forms (ODSP, CPP, Health Card, Income Taxes, etc.,)
- Work in tandem with your Case Manager to help you successfully navigate Social Assistance
- Referrals must come from your Case Manager
CSW’s receive referrals from Case Managers and provide supports to clients in our office, the community or even support in the home. They assist individuals who may face challenges in their life that need ongoing support. They are able to provide service to clients that are medically deferred from participating to help with individual issues that arise. They support clients through non-judgemental and holistic means to determine the needs and strengths of clients to determine how assistance can be provided. You can talk to your Case Manager about being referred to a Community Support Worker about how they can help you.
Legal Health Check
Many people do not think of their everyday problems as being “legal problems”. People living in poverty are more likely to report problems such as bad health, unemployment, low income, poor housing and family breakdown. Visit the legal health checkup website to find help.