• Norfolk: 519-426-6170 or 519-582-3579 | Haldimand: 905-318-6623

Community Support Worker (CSW)

  • Provide assistance in the community to link with other supports
  • Provide individual support and accompany you to various appointments including medical, legal, mental health and other supportive activities
  • Advocate on your behalf with other community partners
  • Assist with processing government forms (ODSP, CPP, Health Card, Income Taxes, etc.,)
  • Work in tandem with your Case Manager to help you successfully navigate Social Assistance
  • Referrals must come from your Case Manager

CSW’s receive referrals from Case Managers and provide supports to clients in our office, the community or even support in the home. They assist individuals who may face challenges in their life that need ongoing support. They are able to provide service to clients that are medically deferred from participating to help with individual issues that arise. They support clients through non-judgemental and holistic means to determine the needs and strengths of clients to determine how assistance can be provided. You can talk to your Case Manager about being referred to a Community Support Worker about how they can help you.

Employment Supports

The road to financial independence starts with employment. HNSS Employment Services are here to help you find a job that’s right for you. Your Case Manager will work with you to develop an outcome plan that will help you meet your employment goals.

This outcome plan will outline the steps you need to take to find a job as quickly as possible. These steps could include going back to school, learning job-specific skills or gaining valuable experience by volunteering.

Financial assistance is available to help you pay for expenses associated with beginning an employment-related activity or a new job. Money is available for expenses such as:

  • new clothing
  • tools and equipment
  • transportation costs
  • tuition and/or training costs
  • childcare costs

You may also be able to get an advance to help pay for your childcare costs when you begin an employment-related activity or a new job.